Bailing out my Phone and Internet budget Pt 1





When i had to quit working and our income was cut about 40% we obviously needed to find ways to cut expenses. One of the first things i felt i had to do was cancel my cable Internet-at $42+ a month it was a luxury we couldn't afford. I found an ISP called "Expert.net" that was $95 a year, yes i said a year. They were fine but oh how i missed my high speed Internet. Being an Internet junkie i was on several times a day and waiting for the dial up process was tedious, but i worked on counting my blessings of having Internet at all instead of complaining. After about 1 1/2 -2 years i started wondering if there was something else i could do to be able to afford High speed again. I looked at our phone bill that was about $35 a month and the internet that was about $8 a month and thought if i could get rid of the landline and the dial up i could afford the $33 a month / 12 months special Comcast was having. In fact i would actually be saving around $10 a month. But,what would i do without a home phone? So i started looking into possibilities. I learned by trial and error....

image from Google Image search

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I signed up for TMobile at home. My landline is treated as another cellphone. I pay $10.00 per month. You have to have high speed internet in order to use this service. Also, I pay an additional $5.00 per month in order to be able to get less expensive per minute charges to speak with my daughter who is stationed in Sicily. I only pay $.06 per minute with the added charge.

Stylib38 said...

thanks for leaving a comment. That's great! God bless your daughter for her service to our country

Design by Blogger Templates